Shopify creates an opportunity for their users to run their own business. This e-commerce platform can provide you with all the necessary services. Such as your online store domain, hosting, and many other features. Despite the fact, that you built your shop on Shopify, you still might want to hide that information. In other words, you might want to remove Shopify from URL. This way, your online store will look more professional, because only your store’s name will show up in search results. For this reason, we found a way how to remove Shopify from URL.
How to remove Shopify from URL?
As you already know, it is possible to create a Shopify store without having any third-party domain. Because Shopify can do it all for you, including website hosting. Keep in mind that at first, your shop will have .myshopify.com added to your store's URL. Because you bought your domain from Shopify, it is impossible to erase it, all you can do is mask it. In order to hide it, you will need to do some customization.
- First, go to the Shopify admin panel
- Then in Online Stores select the Domains button
- Your first option on the Domains page is a drop-down menu, where you can select your custom domain
- Below the drop-down menu, you will see a tickbox, that is for setting the domain in the drop-down as primary
- Select your custom domain and click on the “Redirect all traffic to this domain” button
- Save your changes
These 6 steps will remove Shopify from URL and your visitors will only see your store’s name. As mentioned before, originally it won’t eliminate .myshopify.com, it will simply hide it. In this manner, your user will find it easier to recognize your shop. Also, it is no longer obvious that you built your store on Shopify.