Although many online sellers know how to treat their client and get more orders, there is always room for improvement. Let’s talk about one of the main things in e-commerce – parcels. In other words, incorrect packing will impact the state of your products which directly affects your sale. It will be the main reason for your bad reviews because it will definitely irritate your customer. Not to mention, that it inflates operation cost by increasing shipping and replacing costs. To avoid these consequences you need to take precautions. For this reason, we would like to introduce you to 6 best packing tips to reduce product damage.
1. First and the most important of all packing tips to reduce product damage is to make sure that your package will meet the four main requirements. It must survive all these risks:
- Being dropped
- Potential temperature – higher or lower
- The vibration of conveyor belts and trucks
- Compression on all sides
2. Packaging material
It will definitely fulfil previous requirements if you pay attention to your packing material. It is important to use proper packages. Do not use the cheapest materials, because it might increase the risk of your product getting damaged. Pay attention to materials and patterns of your boxes.
ECT – the edge crush test – a very important supplement of packing tips to reduce product damage. It is the amount of weight that can be stocked on an exact box wall before it deforms and collapses. Take note, that you won’t always fill up the whole space of the box with your items. If the weight is enough, but there is some space left, make sure to fill it with weightless packing materials.
If you are selling liquids, do not forget to isolate them! All perfumes, aerosols, drinks or other liquids have to be isolated from other products. Also, it is better if there is a way to stock them as far as possible from each other. Packing tips to reduce product damage for liquids would be – padded poly bags. One of the best preventions is to use that kind of bag because they are designed for fragile items.
As mentioned before padded poly bags is a great solution for fragile items. Another key point is to fill all the empty space in a box. For this, you should use weightless packing materials, such as foam structures, packaging peanuts or any loose fill. Also, one of the most important tips to reduce product damage is to label fragile parcels. This way, shipping couriers will pay more attention to these packages, which helps avoid further damages.
6. Rain damage
Each online seller needs to know that sometimes water damage is unavoidable. It might happen during any part of shipping. To avoid it you should use waterproof sealants on packing. It is a cost-effective and helpful solution to avoid rain damage.
Packing TIPS To Reduce Product Damage – choose the right shipping carrier
One of the most important steps before packing your product is to carefully choose your shipping carrier. Pay attention not only to the shipping quote but also to their reputation. Shipping takes a major part of online selling. Despite which shipping carrier you will choose, there is a way to automate your shipping. Multiorders shipping management software has integrations with all shipping carriers, which allows you to fulfil your order with a few clicks. Also, you can print labels of any chosen shipping company.
- Automated tracking. Automatically mark your order as dispatched on all platforms with tracking numbers. Because of shipping carriers’ integrations, the system automatically adds tracking information to each marketplace and additionally informs your customer. That way, an online seller won’t need to check and update any shipping information.
- Inventory management. In the same manner, Multiorders has integrations with all sales channels, which allows you to connect and control different accounts! Connect multiple marketplaces, and control all inventory in a single order management system. Multiorders inventory is adjustable to each sales channel. In other words, all changes, which you make in www.multiorders.com will instantly appear on each e-shop. A time-efficient way to modify stock-levels, pricing, etc.
Senior Copywriter at Multiorders
Submit your review