Shipping rates usually depend on a parcel’s measurements and the distance from its origination place to destination. One of the best-known shipping carriers in the United States USPS also uses the same system to calculate their shipping quotes. For this reason, each online seller should understand how to determine those zones. Also, in this article, you will find out how to calculate USPS zones and get the best shipping quotes.
What are USPS zones?
As mentioned before, the United States Postal Service counts shipping quotes depending on the order’s destination. For all USPS users, they created a domestic USPS zones system, which divides the distance from originating place to final destination into specific zones. It is called domestic USPS – an automated system which automatically distributes it.
What determines USPS zones?
As soon as you open USPS calculator, you will see that the first tab “Get Zone Chart” takes into account your USPS zones. It requires to enter only a 3-digit ZIP Code. Those numbers will determine in which one of USPS zones you are. The second tab “Get Zone for ZIP Code Pair” requires to enter the full Zip codes. It depends whether the Zone is local or not.
How to calculate USPS zones?
As soon as you find out your USPS zones, then you can count current postage rates with USPS price calculator. In the “Parcel” section choose how you want to ship your parcel:
- Priority Mail Express
- Priority Mail
- First-Class Package Service
- USPS Marketing Mail
- USPS Marketing Mail Nonprofit
- Parcel Select
- Parcel Return Service
- Bound Printed Matter
- Media Mail
- Library Mail
- Parcel Select Lightweight
Right after that, enter each parcel’s weight and how many you wnt to ship in the right zone’s position. After pressing “Calculate” you will see your calculated shipping rates.
How to automate USPS shipping?
There is a way to automate a whole USPS shipment, by also getting the best USPS shipping quotes. All these benefits are available despite your orders USPS zones! Using Multiorders shipping management software, you will fulfil orders four times faster. It has integrations with all of the most popular shipping carriers, which allows you to ship any order by simply clicking on the USPS logo. Simply print USPS shipping labels and get the best shipping rates! Also:
- Automated tracking number
- One dashboard
- Multiple sales channels management
- Automated tracking number. Automatically mark your order as dispatched on all platforms with USPS tracking numbers. Because of USPS shipping integration, the system automatically adds tracking information to each marketplace and additionally informs the customer. That way, an online seller won’t have to switch from one website to another. In other words, right after clicking on USPS shipping carrier’s logo Multiorders will do the rest.
- One dashboard. The main thing which improves your USPS shipping is Multiorders integration with all sales channels. In addition, it means that Multiorders auto-syncs all data. It eliminates the need to manually add each order’s measurements, and customer information. Moreover, Multiorders has integrations with all other shipping carriers. It creates a single order management system, which allows you to fulfil any order with any shipping carrier. Also, it creates the possibility to ship each order with a different shipping carrier.
- Multiple sales channels management. As mentioned before, Multiorders has integrations with all sales channels. It not only allows shipping of multiple orders but also to manage your inventory from every sales channel. Multiorders has an adjustable inventory management system, which affects each marketplace. In other words, all changes, which you make in www.multiorders.com will instantly appear on each e-shop. A time-efficient way to modify stock-levels, pricing, etc.
Submit your review