We all know that ratings are essential in the e-commerce business. For this reason, each eBay seller tries to become a top rated seller on eBay. Being one means that you adhere to the highest seller requirements and standards. As a consequence, customers are more willing to buy from a top rated seller on eBay. That is why sellers are looking for ways to improve their performance and enhance the experience of their customers. Keep reading to find out how to become a top rated seller on eBay.
What are the requirements for becoming a top rated seller on eBay?
1) Follow eBay’s “Selling Practices Policy”
- Be honest about your shipping and returns policy in your terms and conditions
- Provide an accurate product origin location
- Accept returns. This one is not necessary in order to become a top rated seller on eBay, but it is highly recommended
2) Have an active account for more than 90 days
3) Fit eBay’s requirements
- You need to keep up with the estimated delivery date. The maximum percentage of transactions sent late is 3%
- The maximum percentage of transactions where tracking wasn’t uploaded on time or validated is 5%
- The percentage of cases closed without seller resolution is less or equal to 0.3% and 2 or fewer cases with an individual shopper
- The percentage of transaction defect rate is less or equal to 0.5% with 3 or fewer defects from individual shoppers
4) Complete 100 or more transactions worth at least $1,000 with customers located in the United States over the course of the previous 12 months
What benefits will you get from this status?
As mentioned before, being a top rated seller on eBay means that you meet the highest sellers requirements. Additionally, customers tend to trust you more. For example, if your competitor sells a similar product but has lower ratings, then the customer will definitely choose you.
Once you become a top rated seller, eBay will give you a $30 credit towards Promoted Listings every quarter.
How to become a top rated seller on eBay?
Basically, to become a top rated seller you need to meet all four previous requirements. It could look like a tough task at first, but it is easy to accomplish as soon as you start paying more attention to your customers. When you keep up with your estimated shipping dates and improve your order fulfilment, your ratings will increase. Undeniably, it is important to create a perfect workflow and to not miss any of your orders.
In order to avoid late shipments, you should consider using an order and inventory management software. For example, Multiorders gives you access to the most popular shipping carriers. Basically, you can connect your eBay account and ship your orders with any company you like. As soon as you receive an order simply click on the chosen shipping company’s logo and Multiorders will do the rest. Not only does it automatically add tracking information to eBay but also updates the order status. Also, you can get labels printed in seconds.