It is quite easy to add a manufacturer in 3dcart. You can add a manufacturer to a new product, or you can add a manufacturer in 3dcart for an existing product as well. Furthermore, it is also possible to add the brand logo of the manufacturer to the product listing.
How to add a manufacturer in 3dcart
To add a manufacturer in 3dcart:
- First, go to Settings and then choose General.
- Afterwards choose Manufacturers from the list.
- Click on the Add New button.
- Enter the manufacturer’s name in the field that is created.
- Then press Add.
- A new window with the manufacturer’s name will open. Here you can add keywords, website, sorting order, change the name, etc.
- Also, you can use the Tag Wizard option to add meta tags and description.
- Additionally, to add the manufacturer's logo, you can upload the image to your admin page and then provide the link in the field here.
There are a lot of fields that you can fill in this page. This will influence how the Manufacturer section will display on your webpage. For example, with Sorting, you can add a tag to it. This number will influence the order in which the various manufacturers are listed on your store page. You can also add a header, page title, etc.
If you already have products listed on your website, and you wish to add or change their manufacturer:
- First, go to Products and then click on View/Edit.
- Press the Filter button.
- Enter the name of the product in Keyword Search.
- Find the product you’re looking for and press Edit.
- Then choose the manufacturer from the drop-down list Manufacturer.
- Finally, make sure to Save.
You can click on next to move to the next product and you can assign a manufacturer to it as well.