Every business wants to expand and grow their profitability. One of the easy ways for e-commerce business to do so, is to synchronise FBA and Shopify inventory. Though, you might ask what exactly does that mean?
From the first glance, it seems like an unimportant action. However, when you look closer at Shopify and FBA integration you see that this is actually a very crucial step towards easier shipping management. Mainly because you can sell in two separate stores, but Amazon will still fulfil your orders from their warehouse.
In fact, the reason behind Shopify and Amazon FBA integration is that Amazon strives for the best customer care and satisfaction. By allowing you to use FBA with multiple stores, they can ensure the highest service standard.
Multiorders Shipping management software
By using Multiorders shipping management software to synchronise FBA and Shopify inventory you go the extra mile. This means, that your inventory for both stores will be reflected and automatically updated according to your sales. For example, a customer buys a product from your Shopify store, then the Amazon shops remaining stock is updated. The same happens when someone buys from your Amazon store.
In order to synchronise FBA and Shopify inventory, you need to make sure that you integrate your Amazon store first. This setup example is for Amazon UK. However, you may integrate any Amazon shop and the integration process is the same. Follow the steps below:
- Go to https://developer.amazonservices.co.uk/
- Click “Sign up or manage Amazon MWS”. You can find this link on the right-hand side.
- You will need to sign in to your Amazon account.
- When you do that, you should scroll down to the bottom of the page. There you will find the “Authorise a Developer” button. Click on it.
- Here you need to enter the Developer name and ID:
Developer Name: Multiorder
Developer Account No: 9927-0636-3647
- Click Next.
- Check all the boxes for the license agreement and click Next.
- You will get your details. Take note of Seller ID and MWS Authorisation Token.
- Now go to your Multiorders account → Integrations. Find the Amazon you need and click on it.
- Fill in the necessary details. Keep in mind that Merchant ID is the same as Seller ID.
Secondly, it doesn't matter if you are a new user of Shopify and Amazon FBA or an advanced one. It is quite straightforward to synchronise FBA and Shopify inventory. With our instructions, you will do it smoothly and pain-free. In order to integrate Shopify, just follow the steps below.
- Click on Integrations at the top right-hand corner.
- On the right side find the Shopify icon and click on it.
- Input your display name and store name. Remember that your store name is not the actual brand name, but your login name.
- Check the box “Merge products with identical SKU", select your Amazon store from the dropdown and click Connect.
- You will be redirected to the Shopify login page. Fill in the details and click Log in.
- You will be redirected back to Multiorders with your integration working.
Synchronise FBA and Shopify Inventory
Lastly, when you are done integrating and merging your Amazon and Shopify, you will have the option to fulfill orders from both stores through Amazon FBA. This means that you store your products in Amazon's warehouse and sell them online. Amazon picks, packs and ships the order for you. That means, that your Shopify store will always reflect the stock available in FBA.